Thursday, September 23, 2010

New Bajaj Pulsar 135 cc Light sports 2010 showroom price and user review

Bajaj Pulsar 135CC LS mileage and price

Bajaj Auto claims, Pulsar as the second largest selling motor cycle in India. New Bajaj 135 cc Light sports is priced at 53,000 ex showroom Delhi.

As we all know new Bajaj Pulsar was the trend setter during earlier 2005 and Bajaj came with so many design changes which made this two wheeler better and better. Now in 2010 Bajaj is again adding more punch to Pulsar 135cc . Bajaj auto limited announced the latest changes to new Bajaj Pulsar 135cc. Bajaj had added a sports type read mud guard which added a sporty look. The new model showcases an all black engine and a half chain casing to further enhance the looks of the already stylish pulsar 125.
The headlamp and new design fuel tank is pretty much attractive. The black mat finish allow wheels is too sexy. It is also equipped with digital LCD console , LED tail lamp. Now if you check the engine, it is high performing 134.66 cc , 4 stroke, air cooled, 4 valve, single cylinder, SOHC , DTS-i petrol engine with five speed gears. This engine delivers an output of 9000 rpm with 11.4 Nm at maximum torque at 7500 rpm. For an average India , mileage is the thing which matters most, Bajaj pulsar 135 LS offers a mileage of 48 KMPL in city limits and on highway it provides 59 KMPL mileage. This is pretty much amazing mileage for such a powerful and stylish bike.




Bajaj Pulsar 135cc LS Features:

LED tail lamps
Gas charged rear suspension
Digital instrumentation
Split seats
Clip-on handlebar
Alloy wheels
Handlebar weights
Spilt grab rail

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Ahead of Ayodhya verdict, Gujarat appeals for peace

The Gujarat government Wednesday urged the people not to be swayed by the Ayodhya verdict and appealed to them to maintain peace in the state.

‘With the municipal corporation election next month and the Ayodhya judgment round the corner, the need of the hour is to help the state march towards progress,’ Chief Minister Narendra Modi said here.

‘My humble appeal to all citizens is that though you would be eagerly waiting the judgment (Ayodhya verdict), please do not be swayed by excitement as it will not benefit anyone. Kindly remember that Gujarat had laid to rest, for the past several years, the ghost of violence and curfew,’ the chief minister said.

Modi warned that the enemies of the country are closely watching the developments.

‘Let us not allow anti-social elements to succeed in destroying our peaceful social fabric. I appeal to all of you that let us take the development of Gujarat further towards the path of progress with peace, self-control and patience,’ he added.

A three-judge special bench of the Allahabad High Court is scheduled to pronounce the verdict in the Babri Masjid-Ramjanmabhoomi dispute Sep 24.

IANS

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Whither the Commonwealth Games?


With just two weeks to the 2010 Commonwealth Games, the first to be held in the Commonwealth's most populous nation, the event has run into trouble. The president of the Commonwealth Games Federation, Michael Fennell, yesterday announced:

"Many nations that have already sent their advanced parties to set up within the village have made it abundantly clear that, as of the afternoon of 20 September, the Commonwealth Games village is seriously compromised. Significant operational matters remain unaddressed."

The Scotland team added in a statement: "On arrival in Delhi on Thursday last week, Team Scotland officials found that building works had fallen seriously behind schedule and that its allocated accommodation blocks were far from finished and in their view, unsafe and unfit for human habitation.

"After representation to the organising committee, Scotland was reallocated finished accommodation, but which still required serious cleaning and maintenance to bring it up to the necessary Games-ready standards. This has now been largely addressed by the Scotland team management, cleaning the seven-storey tower block from top to bottom themselves with assistance from Delhi Games volunteers.

"However, many of the other blocks in the Residential Zone still remain in a highly unsatisfactory state ... During the last few days, despite repeated promises, only slow progress has been made, to the extent that there are now grave concerns as to whether the village as a whole will meet the health and safety standards required to host all 71 CGAs and their 6,500 team members, which are due to start arriving on 23 September."

These are not the first problems to afflict the Delhi Games. As Bloomberg notes: "The lead-up to the four-yearly Games, which feature about 8,000 athletes from the UK and its former colonies and dependencies, has been marred by allegations of corruption and mismanagement, an outbreak of dengue fever, monsoon floods and the 19 Sept. shooting of two Taiwanese nationals at the city's Jama Masjid mosque that raised fears over athletes' security."

Discus thrower Dani Samuels, last year's world champion, today became the first member of the Australian team to pull out of the Delhi Games over security concerns. An Australian TV crew had already helpfully exposed security problems by carrying a case for an explosive detonation kit into the main arena without being stopped.

Despite all of this, the Games will probably go ahead. Most major sporting events are plagued by stories about the unpreparedness of the venues in the run-up. It would surely be too politically embarrassing at this late stage to abandon Delhi. The Indian government had taken the Games on board as an opportunity to prove the nation's modernity. This in itself is something of a curio, because some might argue that the Commonwealth Games are an anachronism. When they began in 1930 they were known as the British Empire Games, but they gradually mutated into The Commonwealth Games, the third largest multi-sport event in the world.

Entry into the event depends upon membership of the Commonwealth, which is largely made up of former British colonies. This means that many of the world's sporting superpowers do not compete: the US, Russia, Germany, Brazil, Italy. But this is true also of other high-profile sports that are mostly held dear by former British empire nations, such as cricket and rugby union.

After so many Commonwealth/Empire Games have been held in Britain, Australasia and Canada, India's Games mark an important cultural break. Only Jamaica in 1966 and Kuala Lumpur in 1998 have taken the event away from the, let's admit it, majority white Commonwealth countries.

Not all athletes were committed to the Delhi Games, even before the current burst of stories. European Championship double gold-winning distance runner Mo Farah had already pulled out of the event, as had heptathlete Jessica Ennis and cyclist Chris Hoy, because the Games clash with cycling's European Championships.

Are the Commonwealth Games an anachronism whose course has run? Or are they a fine old tradition, worthy of maintenance for uniting disparate nations and giving athletes from many smaller nations a chance at glory?

via
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2010/sep/21/whither-the-commonwealth-games

Yuvraj makes way for Pujara | Yuvraj Singh dropped



Yuvraj makes way for Pujara | Yuvraj Singh dropped

The decision wasn't unexpected. An illness had forced Yuvraj to cede his spot to Suresh Raina in the second Test against Sri Lanka. Raina made a century on debut and kept his place despite Yuvraj being fit for the third Test. He then contributed a crucial cameo that helped level the series.

With Yuvraj struggling in the tri-series that followed, the writing appeared on the wall. The National selection committee, which met here at the M.A. Chidambaram Stadium on Monday, replaced Yuvraj with Cheteshwar Pujara, the 22-year-old Saurashtra batsman who has been prolific in first-class cricket.

Indian squad: M.S. Dhoni (capt. & wk), Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar, V.V.S. Laxman, Suresh Raina, Harbhajan Singh, Amit Mishra, Zaheer Khan, Ishant Sharma, Sreesanth, Pragyan Ojha, M. Vijay, and Cheteshwar Pujara.

Rest of India squad for Irani Cup: Yuvraj Singh (capt.), Abhinav Mukund, Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli, S. Badrinath, Saurabh Tiwary, Parthiv Patel (wk), Piyush Chawla, R. Ashwin, Jaydev Unadkat, Umesh Yadav, R. Vinay Kumar, Manish Pandey, Abhimanyu Mithun, and Ravindr

via
http://www.thehindu.com/


Yuvraj Singh unhappy for not getting Test Selection BreakingNewsOnline.
Yuvraj makes way for Pujara The Hindu
From Test, Yuvraj pushed to the Rest Indian Express
Hindustan Times - Calcutta Telegraph
Yuvraj Singh has been left out of the Indian squad for the two-Test cricket series against Australia which begins on October 1.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Chennai Super Kings loses out in super over


Having made 51 to help Victoria Bushrangers tie Chennai Super Kings' score of 162, David Hussey starred in the Super Over to win his side the match.

Hussey hit R. Ashwin for three sixes, as Victoria made 23 runs in the Super Over. Clint McKay restricted Suresh Raina and M. Vijay to enable Victoria register its second win in three league games in the Champions League Twenty20 tournament.

It was a cruel fate for Chennai, which had survived Aaron Finch's breath-taking cameo and put itself in a position to win the game.

Finch smashed Doug Bollinger for four fours and R. Ashwin for three sixes to race to 41 off 16 balls. Victoria, as a result, was on 43 without loss after 3.1 overs.

However, Ashwin got his revenge with a carrom-ball. Bollinger then bowled Brad Hodge, but Matthew Wade and David Hussey counter-attacked.

Muttiah Muralitharan broke the 55-run partnership when he had Wade caught behind and struck next ball, dismissing Andrew McDonald.

David Hussey and Rob Quiney put on 36 before Raina's double-strike in the 18th over reduced Victoria to 142 for six. With 12 needed in the final over, McKay struck Raina for six but chipped a catch to the bowler next ball. Dirk Nannes holed out, leaving Victoria requiring six off three balls. Peter Siddle struck the fourth ball for four over extra-cover.

Dhoni and Raina combined for an overthrow that gave Victoria the single to tie the scores, but they did better next ball to run out Bryce McGain.

Earlier, Vijay (73, 53b, 5x4, 2x6) started uncertainly, taking nine balls to get off the mark.

Despite losing Michael Hussey and Raina, Vijay didn't lose a step. With M.S. Dhoni also finding the boundary, Chennai seemed in control. But John Hastings and McKay reduced Chennai from 135 for two to 146 for five with three deceptive slower balls.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Lions take on Mumbai in ACLT20 opener

With spot-fixing clouds still around, the extravagant Airtel Champions League Twenty20 starts on Friday in South Africa.

The second season of the league kicks off with the underdogs, Highveld Lions playing against a team which landed in South Africa as hot favourites, Mumbai Indians.




Any team that has Sachin Tendulkar is bound to be viewed with respect, fear and a lot of affection. The fear factor will of course play for the bowlers every time Tendulkar walks out into the middle. Despite finishing second best in the IPL, the Mumbai Indians were arguably the most complete side of the tournament.

The Indians have a solid batting line-up with the likes of Shikhar Dhawan, JP Duminy, Kieron Pollard and Saurabh Tiwary. Dangerous and destructive. The reason why Mumbai Indians present such an all-round enigma is because they have some extremely potent bowlers stacked up in their ranks. Lasith Malinga and Harbhajan Singh with Dwayne Bravo will be an envious attack to have in South Africa. Mumbai will of course keep their fingers crossed for Zaheer Khan to be fit in time.

While the Warriors are filled with an array of international stars, the Highveld Lions pride themselves on making use of the available local talent.

Besides Petersen, Neil Mckenzie is the other international player of repute in the squad. The Lions recently signed former Proteas skipper Kepler Wessels as the team’s strategic consultant hoping to utilise his expertise knowledge. Wessels was the coach of Chennai Super Kings during the inaugural edition of IPL in 2008.

With that being said, it will not be easy for Mumbai Indians to see off the Lions' challenge. The Lions' over a period of time have built a resistant character. They have been in the worst of situations and bounced back. The biggest example can be their domestic campaign, where they won the inaugural T20 Championship in South Africa but were on the back foot and lingering around the bottom half of the table since then. However, this season, they turned it around and finished runners up to the Warriors.

Another factor which could prove to be vital during the match could be the team chemistry. The Mumbai Indians' players meet every year for a month or so, whereas, the Lions play as a team all season long. Even though Mumbai Indians is a much more talented team on paper, one cannot count the Lions out.

The Mumbai Indians have specialists in all the areas of the field, whereas, the Lions’ side comprises of at least half a dozen all rounders. It is yet to be seen whether the specialists will be able to overcome the resistance of the all rounders.

The Lions will be out to prove a point as they have already been labelled as the underdogs. Petersen, the Lions’ captain, claimed that their side will not roll over and die, instead, they will play to win every match. On the other hand, Mumbai Indians, the heavyweights of the tournament will look to kick start their campaign with a win. It is more a matter of pride than just two points. The opening match of the Airtel Champions League T20 is sure to provide fireworks to the supporters all around the world.

http://www.espnstar.com/cricket/cl-t20/news/detail/item496716/Lions-take-on-Mumbai-in-ACLT20-opener/

Monday, August 2, 2010

Maruti restarts selling LPG WagonR in old version



With the development of an LPG variant of its latest generation WagonR yet to be complete, the country's largest car-maker, Maruti Suzuki India, has resumed selling the alternate option in the old version of the model. After launching the new generation WagonR in April, the company had discontinued
the 'Duo' variant of the old WagonR, which had both petrol and LPG options.

"We are now selling the 'Duo' and it will continue till the LPG variant of the new WagonR is ready. The work on new LPG is going on," Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) Chief General Manager (Marketing) Shashank Srivastava said.

'Duo' was contributing about 20-22 per cent of total WagonR sales, which stood at 10,000-12,000 units a month and the LPG variant is priced at Rs 3.68 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).

When asked about likely timeline for launching the model, he said: "The R&D team has just started the work and it is unlikely that the LPG variant will be ready in this fiscal."

Meanwhile, the company will launch the factory-fitted CNG version of WagonR in this month. Along with, four other models -- Alto, Estilo, Eeco and SX4 -- will be launched on a single day in the second week of the month.

Earlier MSI Executive Officer (Marketing and Sales) Mayank Pareek had said the company stopped the production of the 'Duo' and any decision of launching the LPG variant of new WagonR would depend on market demand.

The company launched the new generation WagonR at a price range between Rs 3.28 lakh and Rs 3.81 lakh, adding one more model to the highly price competitive compact car segment.

The new WagonR is developed from the latest platform of the vehicle that is available in Japan. The car is powered by the BS-IV compliant 998cc K-series engine.

MSI had invested Rs 290 crore in upgrading the WagonR, which has been sold nearly 9 lakh units since 1999.

The new WagonR is pitted against the likes of newly launched models, including the Chevrolet Beat (priced Rs 3.41 lakh-Rs 4.43 lakh) and Ford Figo (Rs 3.49 lakh-Rs 3.99 lakh), and Hyundai i10 (Rs 3.47 lakh-Rs 3.83 lakh), among others.